Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Break Up

How do I begin this break up letter?
Wondering how to let go of you forever.
Yet, it’s hard to come down this long ladder.
You and I was the greatest thing ever.
You had me high in the clouds for so long
A natural high that I always held on.
Because I thought what we had was meant to be
Thought it was what was right for me.

Now as I look back I see the evilness in our relationship
See that it I was always just being fooled by your power trip
Wanted to hold me long under your sorry illusion
Causing me to believe in the silly imagination
I believed in your pretty and enticing words
Thinking that the beauty in them was always yours
Not knowing that it was part of your sorry plan
To keep me following along and getting my heart damn

But I'm tired of all your softness and stupidity
I've finally opened my eyes to this sad as reality
You are nothing but a weak and sorry commodity
To all lying bastards and their open opportunity
They take a hold of your sweetness and purity
For their own uplifting of their bitter actuality

You know that saying that they use for break ups
"Its not you, it’s me" is their usually start-ups
Well sorry but in this case it’s not me, it’s truly you
And I no longer want to associate myself with you
Our relationship kept me from growing strong
And now I can finally admit that you have always been wrong
Even though it may seem hard and harsh at first,
But I'm just tired of your overwhelming thirst
For something that unfortunately doesn't exist
And I refuse to stand by you on this lifelong waiting list

It’s been fun while it lasted
And I'm glad for the nice time we exhausted
But now you must go your own way
Because you will only continue to break me.
And as the tears fall from our eyes
I know that this will be a hard goodbye
But mirror, mirror, on the wall,
Tell that part of me, this is the end to it all.

No comments: