Friday, November 25, 2011

You Know What....


The secret smiles, the conversations, the songs lyrics;

those days are gone – I get that. And you know what?

I’m fine with it, but let me set a couple things straight.

First off, I don’t know why I loved you. All I know is that I did.

Maybe it wasn’t true love, but it was the closest thing I’ve ever felt to it.

And even though I didn’t get my perfect happy ending,

even though you chickened out and left me hanging like an idiot.

I still believe you’re a good person, and I wish you the best. I really do.

So go out there and find whatever makes you happy,

although I’m pretty sure you’ve already found it.

The memories are starting to blur around the edges,

but God knows I could never completely forget you.

Do you understand what I’m saying? I’m saying that whether it’s a good or bad thing,

You’re part of the reason I am who I am today.

I hope you know that you were once the most important person in my life.

You were the guy I thought about while listening to all those songs,

the one guy who made me actually look forward to waking up in the morning,

You were the guy who could make or break me, who had my heart,

but never bothered to do anything about it.

I can’t help but think that somewhere inside of you, I’m there.

Somewhere between liking me and loving me and everything in the middle you got scared.

The tingling and the butterflies terrified you.

You didn’t know what could and couldn’t happen.

I don’t think you can run away from that feeling forever.

I think you’re just going to eventually have to be okay with the fact that

I make your stomach flip and your heart skip.

Eventually you’ll realize I was it.

No comments: